STATE OF CALIFORNIA Marriage License Requirements:
• No residency requirement. No waiting period.
• You no longer need a premarital health certificate or a blood test to get a marriage license in the state of California.
• Both the bride and the groom must appear in person and have photo ID. Both must know the state and/or country of their parents' birth and the mother's maiden names.
• Those with a previous marriage that ended in annulment or divorce must know the date that marriage was dissolved. If the dissolution was granted within the previous six months, a copy of the final judgment of divorce or annulment must be submitted
to the county clerk.
• Marriage license is good for 90 days and may be used anywhere in the state of California.
• One witness required at the ceremony.
• Confidential marriage license may be issued only to those who are 18 years or older and living together at the time of application.
• Your license may be acquired in any county in California, but it must be from California.
Napa County Recorder’s Office
Clerk Recorder’s Office
1127 1st Street, Suite A
Napa, CA 94559
Hours: Weekdays 8 am – 4 pm (holidays excepted)